Almost get it working but still unusable :(

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:41 AM

This software is great and probably is the only solution now to get multiple independent mouse pointers. However it still doesn't work here:

1. The clicks are not at the red dots but way off, as other users report. This is probably due to the 125% default DPI of Windows 7. Please solver this soon as it is totally unusable due to this.
  2. Only one red dot can click / draw at a time. My tablet has pen input and after installation the system property shows Pen and Single Touch Input Available only.
  3. The Touch pointer option in Pen and Touch is greyed out - cannot give it a tick. When the red dot clicks there is only a small dot displayed, and way off.
  4. The red dot can only go to an extended right screen but not the left one. I am not using the 3rd dot which should be the tablet pen input, and I have also removed the tablet PC Components of Win 7.

Please help. I am eager to see it work so multiple users can use the same machine concurrently by multiple mice (trackpoint + USB mouse). It's almost there.

Also, I suggest mouse pointers of different colors instead of red dots, which should be easy to implement. Thanks.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Reducing the DPI to 100% still doesn't align the clicks to the red dots, not even close. Hope to have it solved in the new year. :)

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Are you running multi monitor?  I have a fix for multi-monitor and (sort of/hard coded) fix for the DPI problem

http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=79725

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Great, but does it need to compile modified code? I can only run the
downloaded program here and can't find that file to change.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM

You would have to download the code, make the modification, and recompile.  Otherwise you need to wait until one of the project developers takes the fix and makes a new release.

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:14 PM

If it is easy, say it's just one modified file after compilation, would you send/post the file? My left screen is 1400x1050, right screen is 1280x1024, in 125% DPI. Thanks.