Event Handling

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi everybody , I'm kinda stuck here , lets say I have a MediaElement runs fine and can be scaled, rotated, multitouched, and every thing , Now I have an image just above the video to act as "PLAY" button , I wanted to handle this event , so I implemented the MouseLeftButtonDown assuming that a single touch is representing a left mouse click event , apprently I was wrong - or right ? - and I didn't receive any event . Now I want to handle it as touch (contact ) event but I know absolutely nothing , would bo so nice if someone show me an example.

Thanks in advance 

P.S. I'm referencing Multitouch.Framework and Multitouch.Framework.WPF Dlls

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 2:33 PM

You have to use Button with an image and handle click event.

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, do you mean a mt Button ? , if yes that will solve my problem for now , but I'm looking further to know how the touch (contact) events handling is being done (with multimice input provider for now ) , an example will be so helpful.

Thanks again 

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Yes, mt:Button. For general events (up, down, move) use attached events: MultitouchScreen.NewContact, MultitouchScreen.ContactRemove, MultitouchScreen.ContactMoved.

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Thanks it worked fine with the mt:Button , however this thing called MultitouchScreen I can't find it , I'm referencing Multitouch.Framework and Multitouch.Framework.WPF Dlls, should I be referencing something else ? , that's why I was insisting to see an example , a really simple and small one to help us working with this framework .

Thanks for the great FW.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM

In Multitouch.Framework.WPF.dll. Namespace Multitouch.Framework.WPF.Input.
xmlns:input="clr-namespace:Multitouch.Framework.WPF.Input;assembly=Multitouch.Framework.WPF"