TUIO Protocoll?

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:32 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM

which TUIO protocoll is used in your App? Is it 2dCur?

Hmm, I'm not sure if i understood how Multi-Touch Vista works.

I want to send TUIO Data to Win7. Could be 2dCur or any else.

What does the driver with these data? Does it work like multi mice?

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

The driver works only with multitouch servce. And multitouch service works with any input provider.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Thx for your reply.

What is mutlitouch service? Is it one of your apps which runs in the background?

So it can work with any tuio version?

I developed a multiouch system and I would like to implement your Multi-Touch Vista.  At the beginning your app wrote a few error messages. I fixed them in my code, so no more errors.

But at least nothing else happens. I tried it also with the Tuio simulator ( Also here no errors, but also no reaction.

Thats why I think I have not understood how this system should work.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I'm not sure what tuio version do you mean. You have to start multitouch server before you start driver.

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Sory, I think they are called Tuio Profiles, like for example:

/tuio/2Dobj set s i x y a X Y A m r
/tuio/2Dcur set s x y X Y m
 /tuio/2Dblb set s x y a w h f X Y A m r

So what do you mean with multitouch server? The sending application? Or is it one of your apps?
I'm starting the Multitouch.Service.Console and then the Multitouch.Driver.Concole. I configured the Multitouch.Confifurator so that it uses TUIO as Input. Btw: the Multitple Mice works really good!

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Multitouch server is Multitouch.Service.Console.exe

I think the library uses /tuio/2Dcur. But I'm not sure because I don't see this direct. I get only objects with coordinates.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Ok thanks.

If i'm using the correct Profile, what should happen? So how can I test i the system works...?

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM

You can use TestApplication to test it. Or you can create a simple project to test it yourself.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Hi Tobi,

Library used by MTV processes TUIO 1.0 messages (/tuio/2Dcur).

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM

sorry for my late answer. I was pretty busy and did not find any time to concentrate on this project.

I think I had some bugs in my implementation of the 2Dcur.

But shouldnt be to tough to get this working.

Where can I find the TestApplication?

Could someone explain me the working principle? If my software sends the correct 2dcur data, what is happening with them? 

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

can anyone help me with my questions?

Where can I find the TestApplication?

Could someone explain me the working principle? If my software sends the correct 2dcur data, what is happening with them?

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM

You will find TestApplication in Main Source\Framework\TestApplication.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hmm I can't find it. I downloaded again the last version (second release update 2) but its not i this folder or anywhere else...?

Thanks for your help!

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

In Source Code!

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Ok i found it... but how do i start it? Or isn't it a running application?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM

How about compiling it?

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I think that is a great idea!

Yes I'm getting closer! I know it ;-)...

Maybe you can tell me how to compile it?

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:06 PM

You didn't tell me but anyways it works with Win7 now.

Thanks a lot for your great driver! Good work!!!

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hi, i need help, im new in this, in mt, i have running MTV with multiple mice, and everything is right, but i got a problem with the TUIO, i try to use a Wiimote Whiteboard thath i downloaded from

maybe is a stupid question, but how i will run this app  in MTV?,if you dont know the wiimote whiteboard send information TUIO in port 3333, and it can recognizade 4 points, and i want to think that it will

work like i have a 4 mice, now i only use it like a one mouse, and i dont know if is able to do the thing that i want to do, please help me, im new in this, and excuse if my english is to bad :D