TUIO Protocoll?

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:32 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Hi,

which TUIO protocoll is used in your App? Is it 2dCur?

Regards,

Tobi

edit:

Hmm, I'm not sure if i understood how Multi-Touch Vista works.

I want to send TUIO Data to Win7. Could be 2dCur or any else.

What does the driver with these data? Does it work like multi mice?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

The driver works only with multitouch servce. And multitouch service works with any input provider.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Hi,

Thx for your reply.

What is mutlitouch service? Is it one of your apps which runs in the background?

So it can work with any tuio version?

I developed a multiouch system and I would like to implement your Multi-Touch Vista.  At the beginning your app wrote a few error messages. I fixed them in my code, so no more errors.

But at least nothing else happens. I tried it also with the Tuio simulator (http://www.tuio.org/?software). Also here no errors, but also no reaction.

Thats why I think I have not understood how this system should work.

Tobi

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I'm not sure what tuio version do you mean. You have to start multitouch server before you start driver.

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Sory, I think they are called Tuio Profiles, like for example:

/tuio/2Dobj set s i x y a X Y A m r
/tuio/2Dcur set s x y X Y m
 /tuio/2Dblb set s x y a w h f X Y A m r

So what do you mean with multitouch server? The sending application? Or is it one of your apps?
I'm starting the Multitouch.Service.Console and then the Multitouch.Driver.Concole. I configured the Multitouch.Confifurator so that it uses TUIO as Input. Btw: the Multitple Mice works really good!

Regards,
Tobi
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Multitouch server is Multitouch.Service.Console.exe

I think the library uses /tuio/2Dcur. But I'm not sure because I don't see this direct. I get only objects with coordinates.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Ok thanks.

If i'm using the correct Profile, what should happen? So how can I test i the system works...?

Tobi

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM

You can use TestApplication to test it. Or you can create a simple project to test it yourself.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Hi Tobi,

Library used by MTV processes TUIO 1.0 messages (/tuio/2Dcur).

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Hi,

sorry for my late answer. I was pretty busy and did not find any time to concentrate on this project.

I think I had some bugs in my implementation of the 2Dcur.

But shouldnt be to tough to get this working.

Where can I find the TestApplication?

Could someone explain me the working principle? If my software sends the correct 2dcur data, what is happening with them? 

Thx!

Tobi

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

can anyone help me with my questions?

Where can I find the TestApplication?

Could someone explain me the working principle? If my software sends the correct 2dcur data, what is happening with them?

Thanks,

Tobi

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM

You will find TestApplication in Main Source\Framework\TestApplication.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hmm I can't find it. I downloaded again the last version (second release update 2) but its not i this folder or anywhere else...?

Thanks for your help!

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

In Source Code!

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Ok i found it... but how do i start it? Or isn't it a running application?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM

How about compiling it?

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I think that is a great idea!

Yes I'm getting closer! I know it ;-)...

Maybe you can tell me how to compile it?

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:06 PM

You didn't tell me but anyways it works with Win7 now.

Thanks a lot for your great driver! Good work!!!

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hi, i need help, im new in this, in mt, i have running MTV with multiple mice, and everything is right, but i got a problem with the TUIO, i try to use a Wiimote Whiteboard thath i downloaded from http://www.uweschmidt.org/wiimote-whiteboard

maybe is a stupid question, but how i will run this app  in MTV?,if you dont know the wiimote whiteboard send information TUIO in port 3333, and it can recognizade 4 points, and i want to think that it will

work like i have a 4 mice, now i only use it like a one mouse, and i dont know if is able to do the thing that i want to do, please help me, im new in this, and excuse if my english is to bad :D