Fixed Autostart

Aug 29, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Hey guys, fixed the autostart problem. Yes, i fixed it for windows 7. This feeling is great. I'm not a coder, so when I figure something like this out, I feel very gratified. I mean, it's so simple. I love being smart! Only problem with this fix: You can't use it when you use a password to log into windows. Tested on windows 7 x64. Alright, ready? Take the attached file, and put it in your multitouchvista main directory. Right click>create shortcut. Click start menu>All Programs>(Right Click) Startup>Open. Drag the shortcut into this folder. Done. Yes it is that simple. What does the .cmd file read? Oh, get ready to knock youself on the head nesher. You'll be thinking "Why didn't i think of that" For weeks. The .cmd file reads "Net start DriverService" Please fix in next refresh, and give credit where appropriate.

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:24 AM
Edited Aug 29, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I try this idea, and it's work fine~^_^y 
But you know it's only for user desktop session control , In the login screen and UAC mode,etc, the DriverService will be disable(because it's different windows session, we only start it in the user desktop).

So, Is it possible that we can run this cmd in all windows session like as  login screen and UAC mode?

I know that login screen ,user desktop and UAC mode are different desktop session for windows, so if we can run the DriverService in all windows sessions, then we can have a "truly touch device" for windows 7. ^_^

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:59 AM

Yep. And I think that's what they're striving for. But, for that to work, you would need REAL digitally signed drivers, and properly configured services. Which I know the multi-touch vista community is working hard to achieve. But, you can think of my method as a "Donut tire". You put it on until you can get to the point where you can get a regular tire.