Windows 7 x64 and elo Touchscreen

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

hi folks,

Can anyone tell me how to use the framework with Windows 7 x64 and a elo touchscreen ? My touchscreen is the second screen of my computer and has an usb and an serial port to send 'mouse events' back to the os. Included with the screen came a driver that emulates mouse events.

I ran the Multitouch.Service.exe in Console and tried to use multiple mice. I saw three red dots on both screens and my normal mousepointer. ( I have a Thinkpad SL500 with a touchpad, trackpoint and a external microsoft mouse, further the touchscreen emulates another mouse...) But real multitouch from my touchscreen don't works. there is either my mouse or my 'touchscreen mouse' ..

So my questions are :

1.: Do i need to uninstall this drivers to be able to use the multitouch service with it's own driver ?

2.: If yes, what is the right procedure to install the driver ? ( I've allready been reading a post on how to allow win7 to install 'temporary' signed drivers but this post did'nt solve my problems.

3.: Are there any extra third party drivers or software that i need to work with ?

4.: And maybe the most important question, is it even possible to use the framework with a real touchscreen ? ( No webcam emulation etc....)

I'm really ashamed, cause i thought i would know something about computers and found out that this 'knowledge' is very compact when it comes to real life scenarios.

So please if my question seems to be stupid ... I'm still learning.

thanks to anybody

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:38 AM

can noone help me ?

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM

There is no input provider for Elo Tochscreens in MTV. You can write one yourself. Or you wait till Elo releases Windows 7 driver for your device.
Is your Elo screen Multitouch?

Aug 16, 2009 at 8:59 AM

how does it link to the followinf driver or info from msdn ?

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Edited Aug 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM

This seems to be examples of the Windows Driver Kit SDK for WIN7.

Thanks buddy this might be the kick into the right direction !

I'll try this example and see how it works for me... ( Maybe i'll write a input provider for MTV ) i'll keep you up to date.

cheers Noodles

PS.: i just started to download the WDK iso . ~610MB! so this may need a little time at aprox. 130kb/sec. !

Aug 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Actualy it is a kick in the wrong direction :)