Soft HID API Issue

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I create an handheld Touch device and use the USB HID to send the touch information(Multi touch point) to my PC.(This HID is not the Windows 7 Multi Tocuh Screen Device, It's just keyboard/mouse class...)

And In my PC side, I write an application to process the HID information and show the touch point in my Application. You know it's not the right way, I wish my device can directly send the multi-touch information to Windows 7.

In the Multi Touch Vista, Nesher create a software multi-touch HID, It's  really a smart idea for someone who don't have the touch screen device

So, Any suggestion for me or API that I can use to sent the Multi touch point information to the soft multi-touch HID and control the Windows 7 directly. 

Like this: 

My Touch Device<----->  soft multi-touch HID <----->Windows 7

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

You have to write an input provider for your device. Just implement interface Multitouch.Contracts.IProvider. Look at MultipleMice and TuioProvider for samples.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Dear Nesher,

I have already implemented the input provider for my device, and it work stability. The Windows 7 Touch event can be generated and the DebugCursor(Red point)can be moving and showing.

But I have encountered another problem:

If I don't touch my device(That means the windows touch event not generated) for about 10 ~ 15 minutes, and when I touch my device again, the Multitouch.Driver.Service can't generate the touch event for Windows 7, only the DebugCursor is work fine for moving and showingIf I restarted the service, It work well again. 

OS:Windows 7 RC/ 32 Bits and install Multitouch.Driver.Service.exe as a windows service 

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM

did you try the latest revision? because a bug like that was fixed in rev 20265, a "*.ReceiveTimeout = TimeSpan.MaxValue;" was missing in the pipe, check if Multitouch.Driver.Service is using a Pipe if this issue is still present in the latest rev.

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Dear Jackpoz,

Thanks for your reply. After compiling the whole project of the MultiTouch Vista ,my problem has been solved...^_^

the problem I encountered is using the "MultiTouchVista - second release"(only the input provider files for my device is compiled by myself),

so is it possible that the second release binay file does not fixed this bug?

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM

i dunno about the released binaries, i just suggest to get the sources from the svn and compile them yourself: if someone doesn't know how to compile them, then he doesn't even know how to use this framework.

p.s.: woot noone called me "Dear" on a coding topic, lol :D