Newbie Doubts

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Hi all,

As the title says i'm a newbie (in codeplex and multitouch) and i have some doubts about a program i'm doing with some friends, so i will explain the hardware we are using first and after that the program we are doing and the help that i need...

We have a dell laptop Latitude XT2 with visual 2008, windows 7 and so...And i'm trying to do a program in XNA to read the touch of the finger on the screen so i can drag, move, and drop (characters/letters) that are in the screen. I have done the code of everything to work with the mouse, and works great...but  i don't know how to be able to use it with the fingers...i don't know how to read the position of the finger in the screen...

I have read lots of pages... some use messages that i have to decode (but that works with windows forms) others uses libraries but after some reading the use a webcam and some kind of light to know where the fingers are, or things like that...

So my question as you have already guessed is, is there any way to read the position of the fingers in the screen (with this hardware, software combination)?? and if there is a way can someone show me an example or some code of how to do it??

Thank you a lot

(Sorry for my english if there are any mistakes...)

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM

For your configuration you need "Windows 7 Multitouch .NET Interop Sample Library" library: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/WindowsTouch

There is also several samples.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Thank you for your answer, will look at it.