NextWindow Provider

May 15, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I wrote a provider for the new NextWindow multi-touch devices. Please download it and give me some feedback if you have any devices. 

http://www.pogi.org/NWProvider.zip 

I'll be posting the source code as soon as I can figure out the best way to do that.. lol.

Chris Lott

Coordinator
May 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM

You can post source code as a patch on this project, if you want.

May 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hello,

I was unable to run the new provider.

This is what i have done, i added a new folder to the AddIns called NWProvider. this is my tree

+

--AddIns

---------- NWProvider

-----------------------NWMultiTouch.dll

-----------------------NWProvider.dll

i have also deleted both files    AddIns.store and  PipelineSegments.store, then i tried to run the console app then multitouch.configuration.wpf but i couldn't see the new provider, did i miss any thing.

Note : the HP is a 64 bit and now it got windows 7 on it. Is this the problem , i will post same message to clott to see on what windows he is trying it.

May 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Hello,

Based on the above , now i was able to find the NWProvider but when i tried to choose it using the configuration app, i got this error.

Input provider in settings - NextWindow
Found:
Name: NextWindow
Description: Provides input from NextWindow devices.
Publisher: Chris Lott
Version: 1.0
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
Multi-touch input service is running.
Press ENTER to stop and exit.

//Update

i fixed that by checking the platform in the build project tab to x86 , as the NWTouch.dll is a 32 bit DLL only.

After that the service is running good

Input provider in settings - NextWindow
Found:
Name: NextWindow
Description: Provides input from NextWindow devices.
Publisher: Chris Lott
Version: 1.0
540501 connected.
Started input provider
Multi-touch input service is running.
Press ENTER to stop and exit.
1 Down
2 Down
1 Up
4 Down

But when i tried to follow up witht he hello World App, i am getting this ,

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

The message with Action 'http://tempuri.org/IApplicationInterface/Subscribe' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver.  Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

Coordinator
May 20, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Make sure that you are using latest changeset.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Hi Chris. Did you get a chance to post the source code for this yet. I am interested in it as im using a HP TouchSmart.

I installed you NextWindow provider and ran the service console and the the hello world demo app but was unable to get any response.

Thanks,

Jason

Jul 31, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Hello everyone, just logged in and saw your comments and stuff. To make it easy for everyone:

http://www.pogi.org/NWToMultiTouchProvider.zip

There's the source code. :) It should work with any of the newer HP TouchSmart computers. Make sure you have the latest NW drivers for Win7 also installed. I haven't tried this on RTM yet but it worked in RC for me.

Chris