HP TouchSmart

May 8, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Hello ,

I got an HP TouchSmart that support two touchs , i want to test the framework, how can i integrate both, i tried to run the concole service and a program but i don't think the service is aware of that my touchScreen.

Can some one show me the steps for that or show me where they are?

BR

Shahbour

Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM

To make MultiTouchVist aware of your touchScreen you will need write an input provider that is aware of it.
You will need NextWindow API (http://www.nextwindow.com/support/application_notes/api.html). And you have to implement Multitouch.Contracts.IProvider interface.
For examples of how to implement it look in InputProviders directory.

May 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Thanks for the info,

i will implement that, is there a documnet that shows what and how we should run this (run the program), from looking i understood that we should start the concole or install the service then test application.

I already did some zoom and pan effect on the nextwindow api, but i think starting from here will be much much better.

Thanks and i will post my code when done.

May 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

I was checking the code and i was confused , what i understood is that  i need to create a new project similer to MultipleMice, and TuioProvider.  

For the IProvider interface it has RaiseNewFrame event, this is where i should send the touchs as i think. 

Here is where i was confused as for nextwindow what i got is the two touchs  X and Y. and i couldn't figure out how to integrate these.

Any help or path to follow on how to add this.

BR

Shahbour

Coordinator
May 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM

NewFrame event sends information about contacts at the current "frame".
You have to set timer and at each tick send information about current contacts.

May 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Hello nesher,

Right now i installed windows 7 on my HP TouchSmart and it is working with 2 touch input.

i tried the paint and it is working good.

Is there a way to allow the framework to read directly from windows7 or i should continue with the input provider.

BR

Shahbour

Coordinator
May 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Yes, there is a way. You have to write an input provider that will read directly from Win7 :) Or you can wait for .NET 4.0.

Coordinator
May 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hi Shahbour,

clott has writen an input provider for HP TouchSmart (http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56490)

May 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Thanks nesher and clott,

i didn't have time to write my own provider but for sure now i will give it a try and send my remarks if any

Again thanks a lot

May 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hello,

I was unable to run the new provider.

This is what i have done, i added a new folder to the AddIns called NWProvider. this is my tree

+

--AddIns

---------- NWProvider

-----------------------NWMultiTouch.dll

-----------------------NWProvider.dll

i have also deleted both files    AddIns.store and  PipelineSegments.store, then i tried to run the console app then multitouch.configuration.wpf but i couldn't see the new provider, did i miss any thing.

Note : the HP is a 64 bit and now it got windows 7 on it. Is this the problem , i will post same message to clott to see on what windows he is trying it.