HP TouchSmart

May 8, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Hello ,

I got an HP TouchSmart that support two touchs , i want to test the framework, how can i integrate both, i tried to run the concole service and a program but i don't think the service is aware of that my touchScreen.

Can some one show me the steps for that or show me where they are?

May 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM

To make MultiTouchVist aware of your touchScreen you will need write an input provider that is aware of it.
You will need NextWindow API (http://www.nextwindow.com/support/application_notes/api.html). And you have to implement Multitouch.Contracts.IProvider interface.
For examples of how to implement it look in InputProviders directory.

May 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Thanks for the info,

i will implement that, is there a documnet that shows what and how we should run this (run the program), from looking i understood that we should start the concole or install the service then test application.

I already did some zoom and pan effect on the nextwindow api, but i think starting from here will be much much better.

Thanks and i will post my code when done.

May 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM

I was checking the code and i was confused , what i understood is that  i need to create a new project similer to MultipleMice, and TuioProvider.  

For the IProvider interface it has RaiseNewFrame event, this is where i should send the touchs as i think. 

Here is where i was confused as for nextwindow what i got is the two touchs  X and Y. and i couldn't figure out how to integrate these.

Any help or path to follow on how to add this.

May 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM

NewFrame event sends information about contacts at the current "frame".
You have to set timer and at each tick send information about current contacts.

May 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Hello nesher,

Right now i installed windows 7 on my HP TouchSmart and it is working with 2 touch input.

i tried the paint and it is working good.

Is there a way to allow the framework to read directly from windows7 or i should continue with the input provider.

May 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Yes, there is a way. You have to write an input provider that will read directly from Win7 :) Or you can wait for .NET 4.0.

May 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hi Shahbour,

clott has writen an input provider for HP TouchSmart (http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56490)

May 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Thanks nesher and clott,

i didn't have time to write my own provider but for sure now i will give it a try and send my remarks if any

Again thanks a lot

May 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I was unable to run the new provider.

This is what i have done, i added a new folder to the AddIns called NWProvider. this is my tree

---------- NWProvider

i have also deleted both files    AddIns.store and  PipelineSegments.store, then i tried to run the console app then multitouch.configuration.wpf but i couldn't see the new provider, did i miss any thing.

Note : the HP is a 64 bit and now it got windows 7 on it. Is this the problem , i will post same message to clott to see on what windows he is trying it.