Error loading project files

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:33 AM
Hi,
I am able to load successfully most solutions/projects but some projects are showing the following error: The project type is not supported by this installation.

The projects are:
- Multitouch.Framework.WPF
- Multitouch.Framework.WPF.Tests
- TestApplication

source code version: 19148
Visual Studio 2008 with .NET 3.5 SP1

Please advise. Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Multitouch.Framework.WPF.Tests is a TestProject. If you don't installed test tools for VS this could be a problem. Other projects are WPF projects. Don't know why you can't load them.
Apr 21, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Edited Apr 21, 2009 at 5:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was puzzled for a while, but I tried the compile on Windows 7 machine with the latest VS updates and now it compiles.
Did you experience any issues on an XP machine? I might still have some patches to apply, but I am sure I have the latest.

Thank you anyway.

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM
I'm developing on Vista. It should run on XP, but I have not tested it. Do you have also VS2008 SP1 installed, or only .NET 3.5 SP1?
Apr 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I seem to have different results depending on the Windows platform/PC I am using.
One PC with Windows 7 x32 does not show the red dots, but Windows XP on another PC shows the red dots and is able to detect the different inputs as shown when running Multitouch.Configuration.WPF.exe.

Is there a good description for a beginner like me to start working with Multitouch?

Thank you for your time.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Actualy it should work with Win7x32.

Is Hello World tutorial not enough to get started? :)