Multitouch without WPF...

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM
Hello,

I've been using multitouch for some time now, since it is very helpful for me on my master's thesis. I have some questions to make:
1)Is it possible to display existing windows (as touchable objects) within the main application window? I tried it but it seems that XAML does not allow it at all, noticing that a Window object is allowed only as the root of the app.
2)If (1) is not possible, is it possible to use the multitouch functions without messing with WPF? (i.e. using plain C# without the XAML)
3)If (2) is possible it would be nice to have a simple "hello world! window" tutorial in plain C#.

Thank you very much,

Panos
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Hi,

1. Don't know if I understand you right, but WPF Window must be root.
2. Yes
3. Look at TestConsoleApplication. It is actualy WinForms application.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know where can I find this "TestConsoleApplication" you mentioned, since it does not exist in the sources I had downloaded.
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:37 AM
It's in Multitouch.Framework.sln.  Look in Main Source\Framework\TestConsoleApplication\Form1.cs.
Mar 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded a recent checkout and I have some questions to ask.

1. I've succesfully built all solutions and I am able to run the TestConsoleApplication you mentioned above. It seems, though, that I cannot find what exactly it is supposed to do. When I start the service.console.exe and then run the TestConsoleApplication I get a blank console window and nothing else happens. When I do not start the service.console.exe but run the TestConsoleApplication I get a simple windows form with two containers (binarized and normalized data) but they are empty and "no image received" is written in the console window. Could you enlighten me on what happens?

2. Would it be easy to provide a simple tutorial on how to use Multitouch Vista to manipulate a simple desktop window (e.g. a notepad window)? It would be nice to know how to use multiple input on a single window as well as how it can be rotated.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM
1. This application is actualy for testing raw images. But you can see how MTV can be used without WPF. Look at ContactHandler and events NewContact, ContactRemoved, ContactMoved.

2. This functionality is not very stable. And don't works on all Vista PCs. And it will not work on SP2 or Win7 because it was a hack. This part of MTV is not developed anymore. If you interested, you can see how it was used "Main Source\Multitouch.Service.AddIns\DWMaxxAddIn\". Maybe you can update this code so it will work for everyone.