Does this work with TouchLess?

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Does this framework work with the Touchless Project? E.g. within TouchlessDemo there is MouseDemo. Does this implement the correct HID drivers to allow the MultiTouch Vista framework to recognize the WebCam based interface?
Thanks
J
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 7:06 PM
MouseDemo emulates mouse by sending mouse events to windows. It does not emulate mouse on driver level.
What do you mean "Does this implement...."? Touchless or MultiTouchVista ? If Touchless, then as I said, it does not emulate mouse driver.
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM
I guess what I was asking was- Does MultiTouch Vista have the required components to recognize a webcam based multitouch implementation (like touchless) or is it simply a framework where driver level multitouch interfaces (such as wiimote interfaces) are recognized.
E.g. I have a webcam and working led gloves... do I have all I need to amek multitouch vista work?
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM
MultiTouchVista has input providers (driver level as you said) for multiple mice, TUIO protocol (any device/application that sends data using this protocol), and TouchLib (webcam based multitouch implementation). If you want to implement your own input provider, like support for touchless, I will suggest that you look at Multitouch.InputProviders.sln solution. You will find there currently implemented providers.