Mouse Traking Configuration

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM
I got the framework running Ok using the multiple mice input but I am having problems getting the red dots to track the mice correctly. They overshot all the movements. I would very much appreciate if someone could point me to where/how I can solve this problem.

Sep 18, 2008 at 6:36 PM
What do you mean "overshot"? Do you get click event at place of red dot or somewhere else?
Sep 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2008 at 9:44 PM
I have the same issue. The dots move farther than the mouse pointers which makes them not aligned. Once you click the mouse button the pointer returns to the red dot location.

Here's a quick vid of the issue:

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:27 AM
This is not an error. Windows uses mouse acceleration to smoothly move the mouse. MultipleMice input uses constant speed. That is why windows mouse cursor moves not synchronous to red dot. And if you have more than one mouse connected (more then one red dot) you have to simply forget about windows mouse cursor.Windows shows only one cursor for all mice. And it can't be moved at two (or more) places at the same time :)
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Hi Nesher,

Thanks for the answer. I see what you are saying. I guess I was attributing some problems that I am having with the controlls reacting as I expected to the MultipleMice service, but it looks I will have to look elsewhere.