How are the WM_Touch messages sent to windows ?

May 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi , 

Great Work, It seems very interesting :) . 

I am trying to understand how are the wm_touch messages sent to windows , from what i read what we have to do is call sendmessage() or Postmessage() , but i cannot find a call to sendmessage or postmessage in the source code of MTV . 

I will be very glad if you can explain me about how it is done ?

Coordinator
May 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM

MTV does not generate WM_TOUCH messages. Actualy generating WM_TOCH events manually is not recomended at all. MTV works as any real multitouch device. It sends touch data through the driver to Windows 7. Then Windows generates all messages as it needs them.

May 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Edited May 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Ohk , Thanks for such a prompt reply :) . 

How does the driver sends the touch data to windows 7 and in what format ? Is the code included in the project, i tried to have a look at Multitouch.Driver source code but it was difficult to understand . It will be very helpful if you could give me some pointers on where to start .

Coordinator
May 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM

According to license you can use UniSoftHID only together with MTV. Why do you want to communicate with the driver directly?

May 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I want to develop my own driver.Therefore , i wanted to know how to send touch data to windows 7 . 

If this is not possible due to the license of this driver , then ohk . Thanks Anyways . 

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM

This document describes how touch driver should work in Windows 7 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487437.aspx
I was using it to develop the UniSoftHID.

May 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Great , Thanks for all the help :) .

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Do you Send the multitouch reports in your driver?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Yes.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Please help. What do you use status(down, update, up) for touch contact?

for example CONFIDENCE_BIT | IN_RANGE_BIT | TIPSWITCH_BIT.

and how cost driver?

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I'am interested in using UniSoftHID (Windows 7 multitouch driver) in commercial products please tell me..... How much does it coast?

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I'm interested too in using it in a commercial project, can you get in touch with me too?! I did contact you through the Codeplex system but not sure it worked
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM
@djrobsmith: I have answered your email. Sorry for a delay :)