Problems with Multi-touch vista on Vista 64bit

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

I found multi-touch vista while looking around at nuigroup and it looks great. But i am have some problems with it on vista 64bit. It seems like the service doesnt register my second mouse, as far as i can tell there should be a red dot for each input device found?

I tried creating the simple hello world example i didnt get any exceptions or error, but the app just didnt work. My mouse couldnt interact with the textblock, so im guessing that either its the service that cant detect my second mouse and therefore it doesnt activate the multitouch part or?

I havent tested it on any others OS and it is a bit late so bear with me if im overlooking something simple, just found it and wanted to check it out.

Anyways any help would be appricieated, i really like what ive seen this far seems like a great concept and idear.
Sep 7, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Hi Emil,
unfortunatly I don't have a 64bit CPU. Can you test it on 32bit OS? Does the service registers your first mouse?
Sep 7, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Hi nesher.

Sure ill try and test it on vista 32bit and a XP. And yes the service registers my first mouse, it displays one red dot after its started.

Is there a way for me to see which devices the server has registred through the framework ? would be nice to have a way to see if its the service or the framework thats the problem.

Ill proberly wont have time to test it today, but if everything works out i should have a vista 32bit machine up and running tomorrow that i can test it on.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Look like a good feature :) I will see if I can add some status message.
Sep 7, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Hey there.$0$0$0$0Well ive tested it on a vista 32 bit machine and it worked, so it seems like the problem is with the 64bit OS. It isnt that much of a problem ill just run an wmware machine with XP but it would be nice if you could figure out why it isnt working, or at least find out if it is just me experiencing this. Well problems aside it seems like a great project, and i was curious to know if you need any help with testing or such? Im pretty well versed in C# and i am starting on my own multitouch project and would love to use Multi touch vista, because i was kinda planning on being able to use either a wiimote setup or a MT table for my application, depending on the location. $0$0$0$0$0/Emil$0
Sep 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM
It would be great to get some feedback about how usable MTV is and what maybe missing.