Jul 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM
I would like to run MultiTouchVista.
What must I do (load ) that it runs ?.
Thank you very much.

Jul 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM
There is a quick documentation link on Home page.
Jul 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM
I have read the quick documentation.
I installed Windows SDK 2008 Server+.net3.5

I try to install  Pipelinebuilder. There are a lot of options e.g.  VS2008 ADD-In,..
Unfortunelty I was not able to install this. The doucumentation is rare.

After this (Pipelinebuilder not installed) i have compiled sucessfully in your given order
MultiTouch.Service.sln   (registered dwmaxx over install.bat)

Ok, this was sucessful.

Then i clicked on MultiTouch.Service.Console.exe and  there was an error.
The error is : MultiTouch.Service.Console has stopped working
MultipleMice Input Provider could not be found.

Please, please, please  could you tell me what must be on which location and must be start or load,  that it works.
I was more than 20 hours on it but it did not start.

Thank you very much.

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:08 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Make sure you have following directory structure:
|       |---MultitpleMice
|             |---MultipleMice.dll

You can also try compiled binaries in Release.

I would also recommend to read posts at NUI Group forum.
Jul 20, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Thank you very much for the information, but it does not work like you said.
I also registered the service with  installutil.exe  multitouch.service.exe. It registered, but when i want start the service, there is
the same error like mentioned before ( MultiTouch.Service has stopped working).

Acer travelmate dual core 2GB  Vista Ultimate SP1 VS2008 SP1

I have used your released files and unpacked  it in path
So i have the following structure

From DOS, I changed to the path  (the same is when i doubled clicked in Windows Explorer)
Then I typed  in    multitouch.service.console.exe and   RETURN.

There is always the same error: 
MultiTouch.Service.Console has stopped working
MultipleMice Input Provider could not be found.

It seems, that this is an configuration problem. Is there an xml-file where it must be registrated where the path from multimice.dll is ?.
Where can I configure which inputprovider/s  and at which position is the inputprovider  i want to use ?.
Is there a false entry by default or by me in an xml-file (which one is it ? ).
Please try out your newest release like i have done.

Please can you tell me what is going wrong ?.

Thank you very much.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Here is the exact error message, and it tolds, that there is a error by  code / configuration.
I never had a path like d:\projects\codeplex\tfs06\main source\multitouch.service.logic\multitouchinput..

Unhandled Exception:  Multitouch.Service.Logic.MultitouchException :  Input provider ' MultipleMice.InputProvider'
could not be found at  Multitouch.Service.Logic.MultitouchInput.Start() in  D:\Projects\CodePlex\TFs06\Main Source\
Multitouch.Service.Logic\MultitouchInput.cs:line 43 
Multitouch.Service.Console.Programm.Main() in D:\Projects\CodePlex\TFS06\Main Source\Multitouch.Service.Console\
Program.cs: line 11

Please could you tell me what must i configure / do .
Thank you very much.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:21 PM
It works by me. You can configure input provider with _Multitouch.Configuration.WPF.exe_, but service should be running at this time.

Input providers are being dynamicaly loaded. They are being searched in .\Addns directory.
You can try to delete _PipelineSegments.store_ file in Service directory. And _AddIns.store_ file in Service\AddIns directory. And then start Multitouch.Service.Console.exe again.
Jul 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Thank yo very much for the information.
The service (MultiTouch.Service.Console.exe) is now running.
It shows 3 red mices.
There is a restriction about the mouses. It only supports one screen and i have 3 screens.
The current system-mouse is also visible. how can i hide this mouse (visible or not if i wish it).
Please could you tell me  something what about the assitance of my  3 keyboards i have attatched ?.

I would like to make 3 instances of my program where
Program   instance 1     uses keyboard 1   mouse 1  and   screen 1
Program   instance 2     uses keyboard 2   mouse 2  and   screen  2
Program   instance 3     uses keyboard 3   mouse 3  and   screen  3

Can i realize this with  MultiTouch Vista ?.
When yes, how could i implement this ?.

Thank you very much.

Jul 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM
What application do you want to control? Is it a WPF applications that uses MultiTouchVista, or normal windows application (like notepad, office, ...)?
Input from multiple keyboards is not supported by MultiTouchVista.

You may look at Raw Input API if it better suite your needs. There is also C# wrapper.
Jul 20, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Thank you very much for the answer.
I want to wrote my own application.
It does not matter if it needes WPF 3.5 SP1 or  Winforms to realize this behavior mentioned before.

If  user1  presses a key the input shall go to  the application instance 1,  also mouse from user 1   and reaction on screen 1.
If  user2  presses a key the input shall go to  the application instance 2,  also mouse from user 2   and reaction on screen 2.
If  user3  presses a key the input shall go to  the application instance 3,  also mouse from user 3   and reaction on screen 3.
I have worked with rawinput (codeproject)
I have spent a lot of time for reaching this behavior by keyboard  (Sendinput /  focus change). It works like i would.
There is unfortunelty a  problem with mouse.  It does not react so quick it must do for  showing / updating  the screens.
There is the most problem with CLICK from the mouse button and the  position  the mouse  has.
LASTX /LASTY from Rawinput  and the collection of points does not  harmonize.
How do you convert  from Rawinput   mousex=mousex+Lastx   to   cursor coordinates ?  (SETCURSORPOS (X,Y) ).
Is it PointToScreen  Screenfrompoint or which  API  Function is it ?.

Thank you very much.

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:45 AM
I change the system mouse cursor position only when I need to make a click. The rest of the time it is just moved by windows.
For clicking I'm using SendInput.
RawInput gives you screen coordinates. So you don't have to convert them for SendInput.

Have you looked at MultiPoint SDK?
Jul 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Thank you very much for the information.
Please could you tell me how you draw the cursor in the window (code example) ?.
If i would connect 3 toch terminals instead of mouses, what are
they sending  back  (ELOTOUCH    Coordinates of the actual position in rawinput ?)  if i press with finger (LButtondown)  on touch 2 or  on touch 3 in the middle ?.

Thank you very much.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:52 AM
Look at Main Source/InputProviders/MultipleMice/DebugCursor.cs I think all touchpads are emulating mouse. If you use Raw Input, for every touch you will get LButtonDown + Id of the device.