Windows interaction works with multiple mice but not with TUIO

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Hi,

when using MultiTouchVista with multiple mice, everything works fine (I can see the two red dots, which can be used e.g. for painting in MS Paint).

But when trying to use it with TUIO input, interaction in Windows does not work.

I have also tried the following:

In the source code, I have added a logger that shows the position of recognized touches. The logger prints out the "Position.X" and "Position.Y", so that I can see whether touches have been properly recognized.

If I add the logger in the "ContactData.cs" within "Multitouch.Service.Logic", I get equivalently correct results for multiple mice as well as for TUIO input.

But if I add the logger in the "Contact.cs" within "Multitouch.Contracts", I get reasonable results only for multiple mouse input. For TUIO input, the touches are recognized as well, but for the "Position.X" and "Position.Y" values I do always get the value 0.

Do you know what is the problem here?

Greetings,
Andreas

May 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I'm having the same issue, did you figure out what's going on?

May 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Hi,

the problem in our case was the following one:

We have collected TUIO input from a source (touch-sensitive wall) and sent it to another computer to be processed. Because this other computer was in another room, we have established a remote-desktop connection (on the computer directly assigned to the wall) to check whether the touches have influence.

For some unknown reason, it did never work the way it should, that's when I opened this thread. But when trying it without remote-desktop but just with sending the TUIO events to the target computer and observing what happens there in the "normal" way, the touches were properly processed.

Greetings,
Andreas