How to generate touch input from C#

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I just installed MultitouchVista this afternoon and I still can't seem to figure out how I can generate touch events and send them to the driver

from within C#.  I tried a couple of things but without luck.

I think I would need to create a class that implements InputProvider .. but I'm still lost as to what needs to happen next.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hello MrDalo. I have also problems in finding a way to generate events in C# and send them in an appropriate TUIO  format to be tranlsated in TOUCH events by the driver (is this protocol really necessary to make MoultiTouch Vista work?).

I have implemented a computer vision application (a tracker) and I want to send its results (camera coordinates transformed to pixel coordinates of a computer screen which I want to emulate as a touch-screen) using the TUIO protocol in a manner that the Multi-Touch Vista will translate as touch events.

What I understand so far is that I need to write a TUIO service on top of the tracker, that will transform and send the tracker's results in TUIO messages. This messages (or events dont really know) will be then manipulated by the Multi-Touch Vista driver and transdormed to TOUCH events.

I have not yet come accross on a clear worked-example on how to make it happen.

If you or someone else found a way to work this out (using TUIO or not) it would be great to post a solution.