TUIO data overflow?

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

I'm using TUIO to drive a Windows 7 touch application, using the MultiTouchVista bridge.

Using either the Java TUIO Simulator (tuio.org/?software) or manually constructed TUIO data I'm seeing some weird behaviour.

For example, a touch may start to alternate/oscillate between two positions quite some distance apart.  This is directly dependant on the rate with which I'm sending data; it works fine at 20 Hz but breaks down at 50 Hz.  I noticed the CPU load becomes quite high (compared to running TUIO natively, where this behaviour does not occur).

It looks like old data intermixed with new.  Is there any possibility for this to be happening at the driver level?  (I'm thinking some UDP data overflow handling mechanism.)

The Java TUIO simulator sets the OSC time tag as an NTP timestamp, my own data uses the 'immediate' mode.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Orjan

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Almost the same problem here.

We have a multi-touch table that produces TUIO messages: one touch or two are ok.

From three touches, ghosts and oscillating touches start to appear (even though no TUIO messages are received anymore).

Any idea?

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM

No, not really.

I'm seeing the problem even with single touches (repeated fast drags).

Initially I was thinking the OSC packets got sorted in a bad order due to wrong timestamps, but since we use the 'immediate' mode that doesn't sound likely.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

If I run the Tuio Java simulator with the MTV bridge active in Tuio mode (not multimice) then what am I supposed to see? Is something supposed to appear on the screen?