Emulating mulitple mice

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Hi,

Thanks for providing this amazing driver set. I'm really interested in the multiple mice part. In this software it manages multiple 'virtual cursors' based on locations read from hardware. However, I'd like to know if it's possible to use this same method to emulate multiple mice programmatically using this code base?

Thanks,

Kimari

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Ideally though, if you could point me in the direction of how you generate your touch events in the code, that would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:15 AM

If you go to this project: MultiTouchVista > Main Source > MultiTouch.InputProviders. If you open InputProviders solution you will find several input providers like (Tuio, MultipleMice, surface, .....etc). Those input providers are responsible of sending (contacts) to Multitouch.Service.Console. Then the service send those contacts to the Driver. The driver then sends them to virtual HID [Human Interface Driver] which sends touch_messages to the Windows.

You can not send touch_messages to Windows by code, instead you can implement your InputProvider or Change the code of MultipleMice to get what you want. I order to simulate the mice clicks, you can play with the code found in this path Main Source > InputProviders > MultipleMice > RawDevicesManager.cs. You will find a class called awDevice_RawInput() this is responsible of converting the mice actions (down move up) into CONTACTS and Updating them. Try to have some time to understand this method and this class (RawDevicesManager) and you will get what you want, for sure.

If you have any question, please post a comment. Thank you.