I am a beginner,how to wirte a program that sends TUIO packets to the MTV service

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Edited Sep 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I've installed  MultiTouch-Vista , and learned how to change the input provider to TUIO input.

now ,I want to write a programm to send TUIO packets to MT vista Service .  however , I can not find  MT vista API and find any example .

Any help or idea or correction would be much appreciated.

Jamie lee

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Hello Jamie,

I am facing the same problem here. If you managed back then to find a way arround, it would be great to share the knowledge.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Hi diavatis,

TUIO supports UDP protocal by default. so you can setup a UDP server which sends data to port 3333. for more details, visit  http://www.tuio.org/?specification

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Hello Izmbupt,

I appreciate your help but this is not what I am looking for. I had a brief look on this link (and others) before. What I am actually  looking for is a neat, worked example (preferably in C#) that demonstrates the TUIO messages to be transimitted, inorder for the the MultiTouch Vista driver to translate them as TOUCH events. 

I have implemented a computer vision system with a tracker. For each time step I match detected blob's ids with previously detected blobs. I also have a transformation of camera pixels coordinates to a computer screen pixel coordinates.

What I am trying to find is a worked example demonstrating the code necessary on top to produce TUIO messages that will grand multi-touch functionality -through MultiTouchVista- in my  conventional computer screen.

I would be gratefull if someone could share the knowledge for such a task.