Win7 multi monitor setup

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM

Earlier postings reported issues with multi monitor and corresponding solutions, basically assuming the primary monitor is the touch display.

However, I wanted to have the option to pick whatever monitor to be touch display. I modified build 30935 and got part way there.

• Changed per suggestion in http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=79725 so to use SystemParameters.PrimaryScreenWidth instead of SystemParameters.VirtualScreenWidth.
  • Switched the primary display under Control Panel, but touches were going to the wrong display. I went to "Tablet PC Settings"/"Configure your pen and touch displays" to assign the display to the touch device. However, mouse hook is lost, so I can't touch the screen.

Since I can't simulate touch with the mouse, my quick and dirty hack was to create a background timer that simulates a touch after 15 secs. That lets me open the "Configure your pen and touch displays" in time and I just wait for the 15 sec timer to simulate the touch.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there a Win32 API that does the same as "Configure your pen and touch displays"?